Business Analyst – Social Sector Knowledge Resources Management
Job Code: BA-KRM
Vimarsh Development Solutions is a pioneer in the field of social sector research and policy development in India. Set up in 1987 in response to Government of India’s need for evidence based policy and systems development, Vimarsh has successfully completed more than 250 prestigious assignments covering the entire country including -National Status Report of Indian Systems of Medicine, pilot of the US$ 329 million Child Survival and Safe Motherhood Programme, National Family Health Survey-1, Technical Assistance to € 240 million European Commission supported Health and Family Welfare Sector Investment Programme, National Evaluation of ICDS-1, Tripura Participatory Natural Resource Management Project funded by KfWunder Indo-German Development Cooperation,Concurrent Evaluation of NRHM, supporting German Government funded Value Addition In Horticulture, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants in Uttarakhand, District Level Household Surveys-4 in Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh.
Vimarsh (www.vimarsh.in) while actively expanding its countrywide and international presence while entering new areas of socio-economic development in response to client needs. Vimarsh specialises in research, planning, systems and capacity development, management and evaluation of projects funded by international donors/NGOs, Government of India, state governments and the private sector. Vimarsh is amongst the top social sector consulting companies in India and enjoys an excellent reputation.
With growth comes the challenge of keeping pace with fast changing business environment and business opportunities, besides expanding client base and increasing number of their activities and projects. Gathering information of the business universe within and outside the country for Vimarsh, analysing it to provide valuable insights to the management in real time is a demanding task for a social sector professional with an analytical and questioning mind. It is one of the most critical and concurrent functions in Vimarsh. There is a vast repository of knowledge within Vimarsh gathered over last 26 years. To put these resources to better use by Vimarsh teams as well as to cull out value adding analytical reports and publications provides another challenge. We are in search of a highly experienced social sector professional with understanding of and interest in multiple social sectors to lead Knowledge Management function, adding value to our business development and project teams working in multiple sectors within and outside the country.
2. Summary of Position:
This is a critical management position charged with knowledge resources management of information gathered from social sector universe within and outside the country and the knowledge repository within Vimarsh.
3. Detailed Responsibilities/ Tasks:
Lead the critical functions of knowledge resources management. The tasks include:
- Analysing national, state/provincial/programme/project plans for multiple social sectors;
- Gathering information of potential clients and their plans;
- National and international search for new opportunities, experts, partners, associates;
- Review the knowledge repository within Vimarsh and develop a system to allow easy access to project teams besides coordinating production of research based value added products;
- Website and blog management.
4. Desired Profile of the Candidate:
- Working experience of multiple social sectors;
- Interest to expand knowledge horizons, enquiring, analytical mind, research orientation;
- Independent working style with little supervision need;
- Excellent communication skills andgood writing skills;
- Enthusiasm, a strong drive to succeedand commitment to exceptionally high quality results;
- Very good knowledge and experience of working in MS Word, MS PPT, MS-Excel, MS Outlooketc.
5. Desired Work Experience:
Minimum two years of experience of research/project management in social sectors.
6. Tenure, Compensation:
Full time permanent position, competitive compensation package commensurate with salary history, qualifications and relevant experience
7. Work Location:
Vimarsh Development Solutions HQ, Gurgaon.
8. Start Date:
The positions are to be filled by end of November 2013. Please send your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com referencing ‘Application Job Code: BA-KRM in the subject line of your application along with
- Cover letter explaining your motivation for applying
- A list of social sectors of which you have acquired knowledge through education and experience with brief description of type of work carried out and duration
- Current CTC and Indicative Expectation
Please read Before You Apply before submitting your CV.