Principal–Business Development & Client Relations
Job Code: BDCR
Vimarsh Development Solutions is a pioneer in the field of social sector research and policy development in India. Set up in 1987 in response to Government of India’s need for evidence based policy and systems development, Vimarsh has successfully completed more than 250 prestigious assignments covering the entire country including -National Status Report of Indian Systems of Medicine, pilot of the US$ 329 million Child Survival and Safe Motherhood Programme, National Family Health Survey-1, Technical Assistance to € 240 million European Commission supported Health and Family Welfare Sector Investment Programme, National Evaluation of ICDS-1, Tripura Participatory Natural Resource Management Project funded by KfWunder Indo-German Development Cooperation,Concurrent Evaluation of NRHM, supporting German Government funded Value Addition In Horticulture, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants in Uttarakhand, District Level Household Surveys-4in Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh.
Vimarsh (www.vimarsh.in) isactively expanding its countrywide & international presence whileentering new areas of socio-economic development in response to client needs. Vimarsh specialises in research, planning, systems and capacity development, management and evaluation of projects funded by international donors/NGOs, Government of India, state governments and the private sector. Vimarsh is amongst the top social sector consulting companies in India and enjoys an excellent reputation.
Client relationships development and management for success in fresh/continuing business acquisition and coordination of deliverables to them is challenging,especially in path breaking sector development work in multiple social sectors.It is one of the most critical and concurrent functions in Vimarsh. We are in search of a highly experienced client servicing professional as Principal to lead Business &Client Relations function, adding value to our ever-growing portfolio of clients in multiple sectors within and outside the country.
2. Summary of Position:
Thisis acritical senior management position charged with client identification, relationship management, business acquisition and coordination of project deliverables.
3. Detailed Responsibilities/ Tasks:
Lead the critical functions ofclient identification, relationship management, business acquisition and coordination of deliverables. The tasks include providing lead to:
- Concurrent search, identification and selection of new clients and opportunities, within and outside the country, in multiple sectors that Vimarsh works in, to continuously expand it’s client base;
- Acquisition and analysis of information and plans of existing/new clients, programmes/projects;
- Client engagement and expectations management;
- Lead acquisition of business from existing and new clients;
- Coordination & expansion of business & client product delivery network within &outside the country;
- Interface between clients & project teams to exceed client expectations of deliverables.
4. Desired Profile of the Candidate:
- Proven track record of business development in the social sector, client servicing/relationship managementin social sectors, with national and international clients;
- Excellent liaisoning and networking skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, independent working style with little supervision needed;
- Strong management capabilities, including management of multiple teams, multi-tasking and working to tight deadlines, achieving financial targets;
- Excellent communication skills andgood writing skills;
- Enthusiasm, a strong drive to succeedand commitment to exceptionally high quality results;
- Ability to coordinatebusiness and product deliveryteams located in various states and countries
- Very good knowledge and experience of working in MS Word, MS PPT, MS-Excel, MS Outlooketc.
5. Desired Work Experience:
Minimum 5 years of experience of business development &client servicing in social sectors with at least 2 years in a mid-level management position.
6. Tenure, Compensation:
Full time permanent position, competitive compensation package commensurate with salary history, qualifications and relevant experience.
7. Work Location:
Vimarsh Development Solutions HQ, Gurgaon.
8. Start Date:
The positionsare to be filled by the end of November 2013. Please send your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com referencing ‘Application Job Code: BDCRin the subject line of your application along with:
- Cover letter explaining your motivation for applying
- A list of social sector projects acquired along with client names, project details and duration
- Current CTC and Indicative Expectation
Please read Before You Apply before submitting your CV.