Principal – Corporate Social Responsibility
Job Code: PCSR
Vimarsh Development Solutions is a pioneer in the field of social sector research and policy development in India. Set up in 1987 in response to Government of India’s need for evidence based policy and systems development, Vimarsh has successfully completed more than 250 prestigious assignments covering the entire country including -National Status Report of Indian Systems of Medicine, pilot of the US$ 329 million Child Survival and Safe Motherhood Programme, National Family Health Survey-1, Technical Assistance to € 240 million European Commission supported Health and Family Welfare Sector Investment Programme, National Evaluation of ICDS-1, Tripura Participatory Natural Resource Management Project funded by KfWunder Indo-German Development Cooperation,Concurrent Evaluation of NRHM, supporting German Government funded Value Addition In Horticulture, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants in Uttarakhand, District Level Household Surveys-4in Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh.
Vimarsh (www.vimarsh.in) isactively expanding its countrywide & international presence while entering new areas of socio-economic development in response to client needs. Wespecialise in research, planning, systems and capacity development, management and evaluation of projects funded by international donors/NGOs, Government of India, state governments and the private sector. Vimarsh is amongst the top social sector consulting companies in India and enjoys an excellent reputation.
We are putting to use our unique countrywide understanding of a wide spectrum of social sectors, our involvement with cutting edge issues in several social sectors, our presence and professional project management network across India to design highly cost effective, result based and professionally managed social development programmes and innovative initiatives for India’s corporate houses, supporting their social responsibility intentions. The challenge is to expand the client base and deliver innovative and high impact social development interventions to corporate clients, maintaining high level of transparency, visibility and accountability coupled with professional reporting and documentation.
We are in search of a highly experienced client servicing professional as Principal to lead CSR Business & Product Delivery function, adding value to our portfolio of corporate clients within and outside the country.
2. Summary of Position:
This is an operational senior management position charged with business development/fund raising responsibilities and management of CSR projects and teams within and outside the country.
3. Detailed Responsibilities/ Tasks:
To provide leadership as member of the senior management group, to the CSR projects designed and managed by the Company. The tasks include:
- Identification of clients and their needs in terms of CSR; design of appropriate project options; decision support assistance to clients and securing of CSR project assignments.
- Coordination of requests for bids and tenders– this includes writing technical and financial project proposals.
- Operations management of CSR projects of Vimarsh within and outside the country.
- Coordinate with the help of project teams, implementation of CSR projects including progress/financial reporting, data analysis, report writing and dissemination.
- Lead the compliance of systems, standards and protocols for day-to-day operations of the CSR vertical.
4. Desired Profile of the Candidate:
- Experience of working in Rural Management, Livelihoods, Skills Development, Rural Marketing, Social Work, Public Health, Education, Regional Planning & Development, Forestry Management or other relevant fields
- Proven track record of fund raising for CSR projects
- Experience of successful management of CSR projects and client relations management
- Strong will to succeed, confident and selfdriven with little need for supervision
- Strong management capabilities, including multi-tasking and working to tight deadlines under pressure
- Excellent command of English language with good writing skills.
- Very good knowledge and experience in MS Word, MS PPT, MS-Excel, MS Project, Internet packages
5. Desired Work Experience:
Minimum 5years of experience in fund raising and managing CSR projects in various states of the country with at least 2 years in mid-level management position.
6. Tenure, Compensation:
Full time permanent position, competitive compensation package commensurate with salary history, qualifications and relevant experience.
7. Work Location:
Vimarsh Development Solutions HQ, Gurgaon.
8. Start Date:
The positions are to be filled by end of November 2013. Please send your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing ‘Application Job Code: PCSR in the subject line of your application along with
- Cover letter explaining your motivation for applying
- A list of past and present CSR clients developed with own efforts and sectors in which their CSR initiatives were focussed.
- Current CTC and Indicative Expectation
Please read Before You Apply before submitting your CV.