State Partners – Social Sector Research & Consulting
Job Code: SP-SSRC
Location: Mumbai, Lucknow, Jaipur, Dehradun
Engagement Type: Business Partner – Part Time/Full Time
Vimarsh Development Solutions is a pioneer in the field of social sector research and policy development in India. Set up in 1987 in response to Government of India’s need for evidence based policy and systems development, Vimarsh has successfully completed more than 250 prestigious assignments covering the entire country including -National Status Report of Indian Systems of Medicine, pilot of the US$ 329 million Child Survival and Safe Motherhood Programme, National Family Health Survey-1, Technical Assistance to € 240 millionEuropean Commission supported Health and Family Welfare Sector Investment Programme, National Evaluation of ICDS-1, Tripura Participatory Natural Resource Management Project funded by KfWunder Indo-German Development Cooperation,Concurrent Evaluation of NRHM, supporting German Government funded Value Addition In Horticulture, Medicinal & Aromatic Plants in Uttarakhand, District Level Household Surveys-4 in Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh.
Vimarsh (www.vimarsh.in) isactively expanding its countrywide & international presence whileentering new areas of socio-economic development in response to client needs. Vimarsh specialises in research, planning, systems and capacity development, management and evaluation of projects funded by international donors/NGOs, Government of India, state governments and the private sector. Vimarsh is amongst the top social sector consulting companies in India and enjoys an excellent reputation.
Client relationships development and management for success in fresh/continuing business acquisition and coordination of deliverables to them is challenging,especially in path breaking sector development work in multiple social sectors.It is one of the most critical and concurrent functions in Vimarsh. We are in search of a highly experienced business partner for the State to lead Business Development and client relationship management. &Quality Management function, adding value to our ever-growing portfolio of clients in multiple sectors within and outside the country.
2. Summary of Position:
This is a business partner opportunity meant to entrepreneurial individuals with social sector background, who shall invest time and effort in client identification, relationship & expectations management, business acquisition and coordination of project deliverables in their respective States.
3. Detailed Responsibilities/ Tasks:
Lead the critical functions of client identification, relationship management, business acquisition and coordination of deliverables in their respective States. The tasks include providing lead to:
- Concurrent search, identification and selection of new clients and opportunities, within the State in multiple sectors that Vimarsh works in, to continuously expand it’s client base;
- Acquisition and analysis of information and plans of existing/new clients, programmes/projects;
- Client engagement and expectations management;
- Lead acquisition of business from existing and new clients;
- Identify and associate experts from multiple sectors as per client project needs from within the State
5. Desired Profile of the Candidate:
- Proven track record of business development in the social sector, client servicing/relationship management in social sectors, with State level clients;
- Excellent liaisoning and networking skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit, independent working style;
- Excellent communication skills and good writing skills;
6. Desired Work Experience:
Minimum 5 years of experience of business development & client servicing in social sectors with at least 2 years in a mid-level management position. The work experience requirement may be relaxed for exceptional candidates with strong relationship with Govt. departments and development agencies at the State level.
7. Tenure, Compensation:
Part Time/ Full time business partner position, revenue sharing arrangement with opportunity for multiple revenue streams. Earnings dependent on value of projects secured.
8. Work Location:
Work from Vimarsh State Office in the respective State; option to work from home/remotely.
9. Start Date:
The positions are to be filled by the end of November 2013. Please send your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing ‘Application Job Code: SP-SSRC in the subject line of your application along with:
- Cover letter explaining your motivation for applying
- A list of social sector projects acquired along with client names, project details and duration
- A list of clients at the State level where you have strong professional ties which can be harnessed for developing business
Please read Before You Apply before submitting the application