Vimarsh carrying out ground breaking survey on De-Notified and Nomadic Tribes of India
Vimarsh on behalf of National Commission for De-Notified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India) in carrying out a path breaking research study in the states of Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Kerala, Karnataka, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshwadeep, Dadra Nagar Haveli, Goa, Daman and Diu and Puducherry to assess the status and development of De-Notified and Nomadic Tribes.
· To prepare a State wise list of castes belonging to De-Notified and Nomadic Tribes;
· To identify the castes belonging to De-Notified and Nomadic Tribes in the list of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Central List / State list of other Backward Classes;
· To identify the castes belonging to De-Notified and Nomadic Tribes which have not been included in the lists of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Central List of other Backward Classes;
· To present the list of excluded DNT and NT from each State/UT in the assigned zone to The Commission for pursuing their inclusion in state specific lists of STs, SCs or OBCs as appropriate;
· To identify densely populated pockets where DNT and NT communities reside;
· To determine the socio-economic data/characteristics of identified DNT/NT communities in the States/UTs of the assigned zone;
· To prepare fact sheets and reports for each State in the assigned zone;
· To prepare final report of the survey for the assigned zone.
The study entails ethnographical profiles accompanied with photo documentation and documentaries on each identified DNT and in addition detailed socio economic and demographic surveys of 3000+ households.